Tuesday, November 26, 2013

College to Pro: Russell Wilson

Most of the NFL's star players spent their college careers at one place.  A decent number of others spent time at junior colleges, then transferred to a four year school.  Then there are the rare cases of guys who transferred for one reason or another, such as Russell Wilson.
courtesy seattlepi.com
Though NC State was still wearing the Falcons ripoffs when he first got there, at the end of his time there, the Wolfpack was wearing much plainer fare.  Likewise, Wisconsin hasn't made any major changes to their uniform for a couple decades.  The contrast of both styles with that of the Seahawks' avant garde set was too amusing to pass up.  Hell, in this case I figured the hawk head alone wouldn't be enough, so I worked it into a passable S, then made a left-side version to avoid the "badge of cowardice" that would result.  For NCSU, I brought the 90s wolfpack heads out of retirement, figuring they'd be a good substitute for the wraparound hawk head.  Finally, wolf tails are on NC State's pants.





I recall having a cap with a snarling badger on it in the early or mid 90s, though that logo is rather hard to find.  As I didn't particularly like it anyway, I went with Bucky over a red/black wraparound stripe.  The W's on the pants stripe is a concession to the fact that I couldn't find the paw print I'd originally intended to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment